By OLIVER ANDREWS
SEO for Printers – How to rank your printing company and generate more leads
Why is SEO for printers important? Most printing companies spend their time offering impeccable marketing materials for other brands; often with a strategic approach aimed at boosting companies sales. However, it is a vital element that you too, aim to improve your marketing efforts to enhance your business. As with any industry niche, there is a saturated market, which means that standing out in a crowd can be tricky. Your printing company may offer a vast range of services, but without adequate SEO, potential customers may not be able to find you as easily. When your website is SEO optimised and you are hitting higher rankings in Google, you will find that your sales elevate. SEO for printing companies helps you build brand awareness, first and foremost as well as generating more business leads and achieving optimum visibility online.
What we will cover in this article
What is SEO for Printers?
Forming one of the most important parts in online marketing, SEO is capable of generating more visits, more income and with it more profits. How? Optimizing your online resources so that they appear in the best positions of search engines and achieving a favourable environment for them. SEO is divided into two large blocks: Off-page SEO which is everything that is done off of your website and on someone else’s. On-page SEO develops optimisation work on the website itself. Both are equally as important and must be done to very hight standards. For printers, ensuring that all relevant information is clearly and accurately stated, will allow Google to pinpoint your services and therefore give them a higher status.
Web positioning is vital for beating the competition in the printing industry. This is because the final customer’s perception of the company is based, in large part, on the relative position in Google. If you are location specific, you can be sure that people searching for local printers will be able to navigate to your website quicker. SEO must always look for the best SEO positioning in Google that creates value for companies. So, when we talk about the importance of traffic in conversions, we talk about the final generation of profits. These benefits can be in the form of sales, visits to a certain page, generating an improvement in online reputation or an increase in visibility on the Internet.
How can SEO help printing companies?
How can SEO help printing companies? By performing SEO and ranking for keywords that your customers will be searching for, it will increase ‘brand awareness’. When you rank highly in Google, your business will appear higher in search engine results pages for the right keywords, with the right search intent. This in turn will generate your printing business’ consistent leads. Also, by ranking high in search engines, your company will be seen as an authority within the printing industry. If Google trusts you, then subsequently, new customers and leads will trust you also. You don’t want to allow other companies to get an advantage on you, which is why SEO is vital for the industry.
Measuring brand awareness is one of the keys to see if your marketing efforts are working. Google Analytics allows you to know, among many other aspects, how many visitors arrive after having put the domain of your website in the browser. This is known as direct traffic. How can you measure brand awareness in your printing business? If you notice an increase in visits to your website or blog, then it usually means that brand awareness is increasing. In essence, more people are seeing your brand and you are beginning to gain authority. This is directly linked to your SEO efforts.
In order to attract more contacts and potential companies to your printing companies, SEO is vital. We can start by pointing out that it is a term whose translation can refer to advancing or taking the lead. When a user comes to a web page and fills in an information request form, for printing services, for example, this can be called a lead. The methods for approaching the printing market, transmitting a certain message and collecting data are very varied. To generate these leads, you must first look at optimising your website. Many companies have different techniques for capturing leads, but SEO is often at the heart of it.
You can increase your authority through SEO. If your website is coming up in SERP’s for lots of different search terms/keywords, people will start seeing your printing company as an authority within the industry. To increase your authority on search engines your need to perform excellent on-page SEO and off-page SEO on your site. By increasing the number of incoming links, better known as backlinks to your site search engines like Google will see backlinks as votes of confidence in authority and often, the more votes your web pages have, the more likely they are to rank in Google searches.
Where can printers target with search engine optimisation?
Local SEO is the process of optimizing the digital presence in a search engine, which aims to improve the position in the local search results. If you have a business with physical locations, local SEO is a must-have tool. You can direct potential customers to your business when they do searches related to their environment, for example:
- Printers near me
- Printers in my city
- Printing services nearby
- Printing service (city name)
The importance of local SEO has been increasing in recent years, as it is closely related to voice searches; especially Siri. We know that technological advancements will affect a company’s SEO in the future. You could look at Google My Business also where you will be able to rank in the Google map pack.
Do you want to go global in your printing business? If you can offer impeccable services that are worldwide quality and are not bound to a location, then by all means you are surely capable of doing so. In this case, you will need a comprehensive SEO strategy, that will look at all the areas you need to target. SEO is already a global invention and is targeting a broader audience from the moment it is implemented. It will also require the application of an international digital marketing plan. Now, you can even implement international translation and communication which is multilingual SEO. If you want to target an Italian market or Japanese market for example.
With the use of social media management, content creation and adaptation as well as research and keyword injection you can create something masterful. You will need to also look at on-page and off-page SEO strategies, web analytics, onsite diagnostics and audits, proposals for improvements aimed at usability and generation of strategic reports. The analysis behind any strategy is also vital for development and growth.
On-page SEO – Optimising your printing company website
Optimize keywords in titles and tags. This is important. Optimise your on-page SEO to ensure it is responsive and mobile-friendly. This will contribute to a good user experience (UX). Here is a comprehensive 10 point list and details about how to optimise your SEO:
- ALT tags: You should ensure that you use ALT tags for all images and name them correctly, this ensures that people can find your images on Google searches.
- Remove all broken links: If the website link doesn’t work anymore, it is classed as broken and can inhibit your ranking.
- Use meta and title tags: Meta tags and title tags are information tags that are added in the HTML code of each page of a website. This will give relevant information about the categorisation of that web page.
- Social media sharing and connect buttons: Ensure that people can find you through social media and that they can also link your website to their social media.
- XML and HTML sitemaps: The simplest explanation is that the XML sitemap is primarily for search engines, while the HTML is for users. An XML sitemap protocol is specifically designed for search engine spiders. This file contains not only the main URL of the site but all the URLs along with the associated metadata. This can include when the URL was last updated, the relationship of the URLs to the rest of the site, and so on.
- Page speed: A quick and responsive website will be important to users; the quicker it is, the more chance that they will stay on your website.
- SSL certificate: An SSL certificate encrypts all the information that enters and leaves your website, guaranteeing that it is protected against third parties who try to access it.
- Internal and external linking: These are the links that are within the same domain and that link to other pages of the same, and you should add some of these to your pre-existing website content. External links are also called backlinks or outgoing links, they are the links that link two different domains.
- Keyword density: Keyword density is the percentage you get by dividing the number of times you’ve included the main keyword by the total number of words in your article. If you use your keyword too little, you will be wasting the possibility of positioning your content, something that you should not leave out. And if you include the keyword too many times, you can fall into over-optimisation or keyword stuffing, which can penalize you. Therefore, in the middle is a virtue.
- Schema: Schema.org (often called Schema) is a type of tag. You can add it to your HTML to improve the way search engines read your page in SERPs. It assists in making your website more understandable.
Choosing the right keywords for a printing company
To get started with keyword research, you need to look at your business. Ask yourself some questions. You need to be sure that you understand the search intent. Firstly you should look at – What do you do and why? What makes you different in the printing sector? Your prices? Your equipment? Your adaptability and service quality? With what words can your brand be identified? Why would someone want to visit your business or hire service with you? You need to be aware of:
Local keywords: This may include the city or the local area of the business. If your business is in more than one area, you can use specific keywords for each location.
Long-tail keywords: One way to be more specific and attract more quality traffic is to use long-tail keywords. For example, instead of simply using the word “bug” as a keyword, the pest control company may use a clear phrase like “how to get rid of insects from my home.” This phrase is much more specific and will likely lead to more qualified visitors to your website. Think about the specific services your business offers and include those in your keyword selection.
Short tail keywords: These are the general search terms that people use when searching for information on the Internet. For example, they can start with a simple one-word term, like printers.
Low volume keywords: Low volume keywords mean low search and mean there is little search traffic on Google. Often this is because they are either not hugely beneficial to certain websites or they are more niche. Low search volume keywords generally are less competitive and easier to rank for. They also can have higher conversion rates so they could be valuable to and shouldn’t be dismissed.
High volume keywords: These keywords have a high volume; more people are searching for them, but they could have a broader meaning. This means that they might not convert well for every business and you could end up getting a lot of the wrong visitors landing on your site. Remember, just because something has high search volume it doesn’t mean it’s always worth targeting.
Cost per click: This is a way of charging paid ads. Through it, the advertiser is charged every time your company’s ad receives a user’s click. It is a form of billing and payment widely used for campaigns on Google Ads and other paid media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, among others. You can calculate the CPC by dividing the total cost of the campaign by the number of clicks the ad received.
Skyscraper content: The Skyscraper technique, is used in SEO to win more customers for your company, considerably increasing the positive results of your business. It aims to make your site superior to the competition, having a differential and standing out from the rest. You should research the content that has generated Backlinks on your company’s website. After discovering the content that has generated backlinks on your site, you should endeavour to make it better than your competitor’s. Observe who is in the top positions in the ranking and then offer higher quality content to your readers. From the moment you start searching for backlinks, you will be putting the skyscraper technique into practice. It is very important that a plan is made so that it is not just a copy of another site, you must create higher quality content, favouring your company.
Creating the right content for printing websites
The content on your printing website must match the search intent. You should look at competitor research. Look at other printing companies; what are they doing? Do you know your demographics? What do they like to read; how are you going to create content and what messages are important to share? Every single sentence should be excellent content with information that people want to know.
Off-page SEO – Gaining high-quality backlinks
You will need to ensure you are using correct keywords, backlinks and internal links to ensure that, over time, your product can reach all markets. Avoid ‘spammy links’. These are when you get hundreds or thousands of low-quality links from websites that offer no value to the internet, also known as a black hat tactic. Citations for local SEO are not backlinks. However, they do help with verifying your address and therefore your business. If you use social media, they are not backlinks; however, it does assist with brand awareness for your printing company.
Podcasts are a great way to advertise your brand which is attainable and educational for people to learn about what you do.
Choosing the right SEO company for printers
Be sure that they have an impeccable track record and keep excellent communication. Do they also rank highly on Google – do they practice what they preach? The average cost for SEO per month is £500-£8000 a month depending on the size and goals of your printing business. If it is below £500, you should question why it is. Cheap SEO is a waste of money; if brands are using black hat SEO techniques, then this could result in being penalised from Google. Cheaper SEO companies may use these tactics, which could ruin your long term efforts for achieving a higher ranking. Proceed with caution and always do your research. To find out more about how much local SEO should cost in the UK check out this article.
Overall, SEO is going to drive your business forward. As with any area of business advancements, there are going to be difficulties. Don’t render yourself powerless at the hands of black hat SEO. It uses techniques that try to trick search engine algorithms to improve page positionings, such as using invisible text or displaying different content to people and search engines. Research thoroughly to ensure you’re making educated decisions before entering into SEO management. SEO works to assist your business in ranking higher on Google searches; so that your business is much easier to find in a labyrinth of online competition. Work to implement achievable goals, by using organic methods for a successful and profitable printing business future. Labyrinth of online competition. Work to implement achievable goals, by using organic methods for a successful and profitable business future.
If you enjoyed reading this article please share it
Recent Blog Post
- The importance of Local SEO for local businesses in 2021 January 16, 2021
- SEO for Printers – How to rank your printing company and generate more leads December 29, 2020
- Factory Web Design – How To Build The Perfect Website For Your Manufacturing Business December 23, 2020
- How to do SEO for accountants and bookkeepers – The ultimate guide December 3, 2020
- How much should local SEO cost in the UK? November 21, 2020
- How to Get the Best Web Design Services for Your Small Business November 13, 2020
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of SEO? October 6, 2020
- The Benefits of Hiring a Professional Web Designer August 27, 2020
- SEO Blog August 23, 2020
- How to use SEO for your cleaning business August 7, 2020
- Top tips on How to Improve Your Website July 23, 2020
- Reasons Why Regular Website Maintenance is Essential for Your Business June 28, 2020
- How to Identify and Deal With Seasonal SEO Issues June 28, 2020
- Using SEO to Increase Traffic to Your E-commerce Store June 6, 2020
- How Much It Costs to Build a Website For a Small Business June 6, 2020
Find Out How We can Help You!
Do you want to improve your company image? Or are you tiered of always having to go out and hunt for new work? Your website should be used as a tool that works for you 24/7/365! Theres never been a more important time than now to invest in digital.